The Professional Support Coordinator (PSC) in Tasmania is delivered by Lady Gowrie Tasmania under the Inclusion and Professional Support Program (IPSP). The PSC is part of the IPSP funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. PSC delivers professional development and support to eligible Early and Middle Childhood Education Care Services to increase on the capacity of Educators in meeting and understanding requirements of National Quality Standards and other approved Learning Frameworks.
The objectives of the PSC is to provide professional development that meets the needs of eligible education and care services, and that is based on evidence and good practice, in order to:
- Drive continuous improvement;
- Support services to meet the National Quality Standard, in particular with self assessment and development of Quality Improvement Plans, and to understand and implement approved learning frameworks, including the Early Years Learning Framework, and the Framework for School Age Care.
- Prepare and support educators for their changing roles under the National Quality Framework, and enhance their knowledge and skills on existing and new areas of practice; and
- Support the inclusion of children from diverse backgrounds.
Request support or training
Online Training Workshops – Web Link
Access to support and information through the website includes
- link to ACECQ’s (Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority) website www.acecqa.gov.au or 1300 4 ACECQA (1300 422 327)
- link to ECA Website www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au
- link to PSC Alliance Website http://www.pscalliance.org.au
- link to My Time, Our Place Website http://www.mytimeourplace.com.au
- link to the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) website http://www.deewr.gov.au/
- 2012-13 Child Care Service Handbook can be downloaded from http://deewr.gov.au/child-care-service-handbook
- My Child website provides information to families about Australian Government early learning and care initiatives and other issues that affect children:http://www.mychild.gov.au/
- seek support and advice from our Helpline coordinator
- Child Care Staff: Learning and Growing Through Professional Development http://www.cscentral.org.au/Resources/PSCAPD_Resource.pdf
- request training
- access self-paced learning packages on a range of subjects
- links to useful websites
- find the latest information and access a range of Fact Sheets
This page was last updated 8th March 2013